In this video I want to demo real-world Lisp stuff I had trouble finding tutorials for:
- how to create a CL project:
- what’s in the .asd file?
- what’s a simple package definition?
- how do we load everything in our editor (Emacs and SLIME here)?
- how to set up tests?
- and how to run them from the terminal?
- and (WTF) how to get the correct exit code????
- how to build a binary in order to run our app from the terminal?
- and so, how to get command-line arguments?
- but also, can I run my app from sources, without building a binary?
- what’s Roswell and how do I share my app with it?
Let’s find out (it’s 5 minutes long):
I use my project generator: cl-cookieproject. See setup, alternatives, limitations and TODOs there. You will also find a similar generator for web projects.
If you find it useful, share the video!